I'm interested in CollaborationWare, software that makes groups of people (including a group of 1) more effective, at both thinking and doing. I guess the world needs a Road Map.
(Do new collaboration techniques support new Organization Models? In the meantime, the Team Is The Focus.)
obsession: Wiki Proliferation
AppLog: WebLog/RSS feed generated from workflow application: Sales Force Management, CRM, etc.
AppWiki: Wiki Name support in a non-Wiki workflow application, making it easier to jump from record to record.
BlogWeb: the World Wide Web of WebLog-s. The Blogosphere.
Book Server: server providing canonical copy of online EBook.
Node Web: model document (e.g. Wiki page) as structured collection of individual nodes
Object Browser: Wiki supporting Structured Data; or maybe a PIM with Wiki Name support
Software Forge: TeamWiki, IssueTracker, Version Control System integration...
Universal Inbox: tool for managing your attention; EMail, RssAggregator, PIM. Perhaps interruption-manager for Instant Messaging
- Universal Toolbox: expanding the idea to also include writing/sending
- Probably needs a public server component to provide Digital Identity/Social Networking interface
Virtual ThinkingSpace: connected nodes in 3D space
Wiki For CollaborationWare: I believe every team needs a TeamWiki. Software teams need a Software Forge that includes a TeamWiki.
- Wiki For GroupWare: add Structured Data support for Sales Force Automation, Issue Tracker
WikiProxy: Proxy Server WebApp that layers Sister Sites NameSpace-s over non-Wiki pages (or maybe even over Wiki pages, providing Sister Sites support when the Wiki site doesn't).
- special case: WikiMail WebMail server that supports Wiki Name-s and SmartAscii
WikiWeb: the World Wide Web of Wiki spaces. How do they connect? WebsOfThinkersAndThoughts?
Some old tech: EMail, Instant Messaging, UseNet/NNTP, PIM
Some newish tech: WebLog, Wiki, WikiWeblog, Radio Userland, Radio Community Server and Instant Outlining. Wiki And Outlining, CoOutlining.
Some categories: Group Discussion, GroupWare, Collaboration Ware
Approaches: Wiki For CollaborationWare, Weblog For CollaborationWare, Intranet, AppLog, Universal Inbox, Object Browser
Spins for looser world of individuals: Thinking Space, BlogWeb, RSS. WikiWeb.
More new tech: Groove
Particularly weird ideas of mine: Universal Inbox, Node Web.
Need a BootStrapping path
- current: MsExchange/MsOutlook
- non-MsExchange IMAP, Group Calendaring, WebDAV
- ASP-able standards-based infrastructure for small team of MsOutlook users
- make sure non-MsOutlook clients can InterOp
- WikiForCollaboration Ware, wiki-based Project Management Software
- Email Discussion Beside Wiki
- Universal Inbox
- Node Web, Object Browser
- Open Hyperdocument System, Xanadu
Some different user groups, markets, etc.
- Free Agent, One Man Show
- new SmallCo
- existing SmallCo
- small dept within BigCo
or a Portal Collaboration Roadmap for people like Google and Yahoo.
Real Collaboration Challenges (esp as relate to use of Wiki For CollaborationWare)
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion