aka Free Radical-s by Andy Kessler ISBN:1591843774
Lots of anti-BigGov stuff.
But his real point is that it's best for you and society if you Change The World (create Progress) through a Huge Invention. He emphasizes that it has to Scale (e.g. eventually get used by millions if not billions - Critical Mass). End up as a BigCo.
- see also Software Is Eating The World
- Has to Scale (keep getting cheaper, get more widespread)
- Waste abundant things to compensate for what's scarce - e.g. find the new Abundance and use lots of it.
- Go Horizontal (breadth for wide usage, part of everyone's stack, vs vertical integration for narrow market)
- Intelligence at the Edge - use lots of devices and humans (Crowd Sourcing).
- Wealth comes from Productivity. (Even if it's more-efficient ''delivery'' of ''fun''.
- Make technology adapt to humans - Personalization.
- Eat People - eliminate their BullShit jobs (UnEmployment). Esp non-Creators - he has a ladder
- Sloppers: Middle Man, broker, goods-mover
- SuperSloppers - marketers esp of Luxury goods
- Sponges - sloppers/servers who make lots of money through Artificial Scarcity - lawyers, doctors, other licensed Trade Guild-s
- Slackers (just Servers that Andy thinks are liberal doofuses) (Hipster?)
- Thieves - "political entrepreneurs" (business seeking Subsidy and Monopoly - Government Failure)
- Slimers - Wall St - reduce friction
- Markets Make Better Decisions Than Managers (sounds like the Edge again)
- Embrace Exceptionalism - be smart, work with super-smart people
- Be a Market Entrepreneur and attack Political Entrepreneurs - Route Around the rules. Take advantage of them as sources of inefficiency and Route Around the attempts to protect them.
- Use Zero Marginal Cost to create a Flood - scale again. Find goods where you have zero marginal cost but can price at value.
- Create your own Scarcity with a Virtual Pipe. "Media is about control of a pipe." Create Lock-In (but don't over-exploit) ITunes, WoW. Create a closed system (Walled Garden Platform) that leverage the stack of open layers (Twitter). Personalization again.
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion