(2018-11-29) Next Open Infrastructure
Tim Berners-Lee projects like Solid generally turn me off because they seem to fight against Worse is Better and not provide a simple/fast path to getting benefits. But...
I'm also pondering big-vision HiveMind ideas
- Maneki Neko
- (though part of me wonders if these are red herrings, unrealistic distractions that would lead to design trade-offs for which the benefit would never appear because it really requires AGI...)
And smaller visions (Global Brain?)
- CoachBot, Guide to Greatness, Siri
- Self-Care/Self-Improvement/digital therapeutics apps
- Digital Garden Standards
- but nothing here is a protocol
Also mixing in: Tribe, NeuroTribe, EVoting, VirtualState...
Vs current CultureWar/SocialMedia mess...
And I get very nervous about
- anyone having that data: GAFA, BigGov, employers, HealthInsurance, etc.
- MonoCulture of GameRules
It kinda feels like IndieWeb and Mastodon/ActivityPub are fighting the last war.
Go back to Think Like The Web?
Jul'2021: connect to
- my "Big Picture" for Digital Gardening?
- (2021-07-11) Mapping OpenMetaverse, DeFi, Web3 - esp DAO
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion